Start Here

Enter your zip code

Get your Single Mother Grants Benefit Guide

Educational and Cultural Programs for Professionals

What is Educational and Cultural Programs for Professionals?

The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) provide a wide range of openings to professionals who are U.S. citizens. The programs promote mutual understanding amongst the people of the United States and the people of nations around the world established on the benefits of mutual understanding, educational and cultural exchange, and leadershipexpansion.

A sampler of programs for professionals comprise of:

  1. Citizen Diplomat Citizen Diplomat - National Council of International Visitors (NCIV)
  2. English Language Fellow Program
  3. English Language Specialist
  4. Fulbright Program for Scholars
  5. Hosting Opportunities

Who is eligible for this program?

In order to get qualified for this program, you need to be a U.S. citizen. You need to also meet any other prerequisites as described in each program's eligibility section. Please study each program's prerequisites at

How to go about this program?

The following details will guide you to the following stages to apply for this benefit.

How to apply for this program?

Please check out and click on the tab "Open Programs" to find a list of programs currently taking applications.

Program Contact Information

For further details about all of the high school programs the U.S. Department of State has to offer, please check out: